Toll-Free: 1.877.428.8844
Skip over navigation|
Powered by Google
Login | Account/Translate  | - Find and list homes and apartments for rent in Nevada.
Northern Nevada Resources
Nevada 211 - Information about and referrals to community services
  • Opens new browser window Nevada 2-1-1 - Call 2-1-1 or 1-866-535-5654. Text and chat access also available. Information about community services - including food, clothing, shelter, financial resources, physical and mental health resources, child and senior services, disaster-recovery information and more - that can be accessed via voice, text and online.
Senior and Disability Services
  • Opens new browser window • Aging and Disability Resource Center: Northern Nevada Care Connection - Provides one on one assistance to older adults, people with disabilities, caregivers and families. The Resource Centers help people know what options are available and connect with services of their choice. Call 877-861-1893. Note that to use “Request Help” survey, Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari web browsers must be used.
  • Opens new browser window • Northern Nevada Aging and Disability Services Community Advocate - ADSD Community Advocates Program goal is to increase community resource awareness for all Nevadans across the lifespan. Creating opportunities to educate, inform, and connect those individuals seeking help to access programs and services to meet their needs. Advocates participate in outreach opportunities such as information fairs, presentations, program visits, and much more. The Community Advocates are also here to help and provide guidance as needed and can offer one-time emergency assistance to ensure sustainability and well-being of individuals. Assistance is statewide. Follow appropriate link for help in Northern Nevada.
  • Opens new browser window Rehabilitation Division Services to the Blind and Visually Impaired - Nevada Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation - Services include help with daily living skills. Call 775-823-8100, or visit 1325 Corporate Blvd., Reno 89502.
  • Opens new browser window The Home and Community Based Waiver Program - Provides non-medical services to older persons to help them maintain independence in their own homes as an alternative to nursing home placement. In Reno/Sparks call 775-687-0800.
  • Opens new browser window Continuum Mod Squad - Specializes in home accommodation and modification for disabled individuals in Reno/Sparks while supporting independent living.
  • Opens new browser window Northern Nevada Center for Independent Living - Helps individuals with disabilities live independently by providing life skills training, peer support, advocacy, information and referrals, and help with transition. May provide free home safety evaluations. 775-353-3599.
  • Opens new browser window Retired and Senior Volunteer Program in Washoe County - Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) provides services to help seniors maintain independence. Call (775) 784-1807 or email
  • Opens new browser window Washoe County Senior Services - Offers direct and indirect services including senior centers throughout the community, “Meals on Wheels”, legal services, case management, outreach, and an adult day health program. Call 775.328.2575.
  • Opens new browser window Sanford Center for Aging Senior Outreach Services - Provides support to Washoe County’s most vulnerable elders through trained volunteers that help seniors “Age in Place,” and allow them to stay in their homes as long as possible. Services include help with transportation, errands, and companionship. Email
  • Opens new browser window Seniors in Service - Respite voucher service for qualifying live-in caregivers for seniors. For those who qualify, a voucher of $1000 may be available. Those served are live-in caregivers of persons over the age of 60 who need assistance in most activities of daily living and are a safety risk if left alone. Seniors in Service also has a Senior Companion Program. Call 775-358-2322.
Vouchers and Public Housing
  • Opens new browser window Reno Housing Authority - Providing and facilitating the development of affordable, quality housing for low-income citizens of Reno, Sparks and Washoe County. Front page has applicant portal and information about whether waiting lists for vouchers or public housing are open or closed. Call 775-329-3630 or TTY: 385-770-7166.
  • Opens new browser window Reno Housing Authority Section 8 Program - Provides information and resources for both participating landlords and tenants.
  • Opens new browser window Reno Housing Authority Public Housing - Description - Gives description of Reno Housing Authority public housing program and properties.
Veterans Services
  • Opens new browser window Nation's Finest – Northern Nevada - Can provide eligible Veteran families with temporary financial assistance (rent, security deposit, childcare services, employment support services) and assistance in obtaining VA benefits. They also run a 90-bed behavioral health center with dual diagnosis, as well as a Veterans Service Office Program for homeless and senior veterans in Washoe County. For inquiries or appointments, please contact (775) 284-8387 in the Reno area.
  • Opens new browser window Reno Veterans Administration (VA Sierra Nevada Health Care System) - Primary and secondary care for a large geographical area that includes 20 counties in northern Nevada and northeastern California. Call 775-786-7200. If you are homeless or at risk of homelessness contact the Veterans Outreach Center in person at 350 Capitol Hill or call 775-324-6600.
  • Opens new browser window Reno Vet Center - Readjustment counseling for combat veterans. Call 775-323-1294. For assistance after hours, weekends and holidays, call 1-877-WAR-VETS (1-877-927-8387).
  • Opens new browser window Vitality Unlimited - Sun Valley offers a program for veterans who are homeless that includes 30 transitional housing beds. Phone: (775) 673-3800.
  • Opens new browser window Steps to New Freedom/Agape - Provides 17 transitional housing beds and supportive services for veterans with serious legal problems. Call at 775-322-4003.
  • Opens new browser window Ridge House - Offers 7 transitional beds and a supportive services program for veterans in recovery from substance abuse disorders. Call 775-322-8941.
  • Opens new browser window Veteran's Service Office, University of Nevada, Reno - Assistance with education benefits and other transition services for prospective or current student veterans.
  • Opens new browser window Truckee Meadows Community College Veterans Service Office - Assistance with education benefits and other transition services for prospective or current student veterans.
Help for Homeless or At-Risk Families and Individuals
If you are homeless or at-risk of becoming homeless, Northern Nevada’s Coordinated Intake system may help you to find housing that best meet your needs.
Youth Resources
  • Opens new browser window Reno Youth Network - Online locator for youth services including food, shelter, education, healthcare and jobs.
  • Opens new browser window Nevada Youth Empowerment Project - Nevada Youth Empowerment Project provides 15 beds for women age 18 to 21 in a community living program. Graduates may be able to use connected Sonder House affordable housing. Call 775-747-2073.
  • Opens new browser window Children's Cabinet - Sponsors the Center for Aspiring Youth (CAY). CAY provides 18 transitional housing beds for runaway homeless youth from age 12 to 17 as well as counseling and help arranging for other services. Call 800-536-4588 or text “SAFE” and current location to 4HELP (44357).
  • Opens new browser window Casa de Vida - Provides 8 transitional housing beds for pregnant young women. Call 775-329-1070. The Casa De Vida House of Hope provides three transitional housing beds for new mothers.
  • Opens new browser window Eddy House - Walk-in resource center open Monday through Friday 10 am to 5 pm for homeless and at-risk youth age 12 to 24 includes showers and cots, food, medical check-ups and more. Call 775-384-1129.
Domestic Violence Survivors
  • Opens new browser window Safe Embrace - Hotline is (775) 322-3466. Safe Embrace has 9 emergency shelter beds, a transitional housing program with 30 beds as well as a Rapid Rehousing program for individuals escaping violent situations.
  • Opens new browser window Domestic Violence Resource Center - Hotline is 775-329-4150. Twenty-five emergency shelter beds house individuals and their families who need to escape violent situations and 48 beds provide transitional housing to families who have been through a shelter program.
  • Opens new browser window Sierra Community House - Provides emergency shelter and transitional housing for individuals and their families who need to escape violent situations and live in Incline Village or around Lake Tahoe. 24-hour Community Helpline is 800-736-1060.
Wellness and Recovery Programs with Transitional Housing
  • Opens new browser window Bristlecone Family Resources - Addiction and mental wellness treatment services include 29 residential treatment or transitional living beds. Call 775-954-1400.
  • Opens new browser window Empowerment Center - Empowerment Center provides 36 transitional housing beds for women in recovering from drug or alcohol addiction with 12-step program.
  • Opens new browser window Step 1 - 20 transitional housing beds for men provided as a part of a substance abuse treatment program. (775) 329-9830
  • Opens new browser window Hosanna Home - Hosanna Home provides seven transitional housing beds to women in a Christian recovery program.
  • Opens new browser window Restart Reno - Restart Reno mental health support center provides clinical and non-clinical services including some permanent supportive housing. The homelessness prevention program for families, seniors and disabled and individuals with AIDS as well as others includes deposit, rent and utility deposit assistance and case management services. (775) 324-5166
  • Opens new browser window Northern Nevada Adult Mental Health Services - Northern Nevada Adult Mental Health Services provide comprehensive clinical inpatient and out-patient mental health services on a sliding fee scale. Some permanent supportive housing is available for patients through the Shelter Plus Care program. It is located at 480 Galletti Way in Sparks. Call (775) 688-2001.
  • Opens new browser window Northern Nevada Hopes - Northern Nevada Hopes is a non-profit community health center with sliding scale fees for many medical services. Patients with case management may request help in searching for affordable housing. If you already are a Northern Nevada Hopes patient call (775) 348-2839 for assistance with searching for affordable housing.
  • Opens new browser window Washoe Senior Ride - Discounted taxi fares for qualifying Washoe County seniors (60+), veterans and persons with disabilities.
  • Opens new browser window RTC-Access - Door-to-door prescheduled transportation for eligible persons with disabilities. Customer service line is 775-348-0477.
Developers, Property Management and Real Estate
  • Opens new browser window Reno-Sparks Association of Realtors - Reno-Sparks Association of Realtors provides education, tools, market reports, a code of ethics and political voice for real estate professionals in the Reno-Sparks region.
  • Opens new browser window Builders Association of Northern Nevada - Builders Association of Northern Nevada provides professional development, code of ethics, political advocacy as well as opportunities to participate in charitable endeavors such as support for Step 2 and Homes for our Troops.
  • Opens new browser window Northern Nevada Community Housing - Non-profit developer, owner and manager of affordable housing in Northern Nevada.
  • Opens new browser window Washoe Affordable Housing Corporation - Non-profit which administers project based Section 8 properties across the state. WAHC also runs a homelessness prevention program.
Other Services
Emergency Shelters
  • Opens new browser window Catholic Charities of Northern Nevada - Resource hub with help obtaining an I.D., birth certificate, transport to interviews, hygiene kits, diapers, benefit enrollment center, on-site immigration program and some case management. Call (775) 322-7073 ext. 342.
  • Opens new browser window Volunteers of American Reno Area Shelters - Emergency shelters for men, women and families, resource center with computer, mail and phone access, workforce development, mental health support, rapid rehousing program. 775-324-2622 ext 101
  • Opens new browser window Washoe County Social Services - Adult and children’s services in Washoe County include Crossroads and permanent supportive housing. Call (775) 328-2700.
  • Opens new browser window Salvation Army - Del Oro Division, Northern California and Northern Nevada - A ministry providing meals, shelter, transitional housing, family services, youth programs, substance rehabilitation, disaster relief and more. One time short-term rental assistance may be available in certain cases.
  • Opens new browser window Reno Sparks Gospel Mission - Emergency shelter for women, transitional housing for Christian addiction recovery program. For men email Chaplain Tim Mikes at or call (775) 329-0485. Women may call Tammy Treadwell at (775) 323-0386, Ext. 12 or email
  • Opens new browser window City of Reno Homeless Resources - The City of Reno participates in the funding of many of the services listed above. In addition the City provides some direct services such as deposit assistance and Rapid Rehousing. Call 775-334-3809.
Nevada Statewide Resources
Statewide Senior and Disability Services
  • Opens new browser window Aging and Disability Services Long Term Care Ombudsman - A statewide, federally mandated service to receive, investigate, and attempt to resolve complaints made by or on behalf of residents who reside in long-term care facilities, including homes for individual residential care, residential facilities for groups, and nursing homes. Statewide, call 888-282-1155.
  • Opens new browser window State of Nevada Elder Protective Services - Services for seniors (60+) who may experience abuse, neglect, exploitation, or isolation. Call 888-729-0571.
Real Estate and Property Management
Veterans Statewide Services
  • Opens new browser window Nevada Department of Veteran Services - Statewide advocacy for veterans' benefits, Nevada State Veterans Home located in Boulder City provides specialized care, Green Zone service locator, burial services with military honors.
  • Opens new browser window Nevada Department of Veteran Services NVVetNet - Online listings of veteran services, news bulletins, calendar and community conversations.
  • Opens new browser window Home Is Possible for Heroes - State program to help veterans and military with down payment costs of homeownership.
  • Opens new browser window Homeless Veterans Hotline - Ensures that homeless Veterans or Veterans at-risk for homelessness have free, 24/7 access to trained counselors. There is also a live chat. Phone: 877-424-3838.
  • Opens new browser window Veterans Crisis Line - Connect with the Veterans Crisis Line to reach caring, qualified responders with the Department of Veterans Affairs. Many of them are Veterans themselves. Call 1-800-273-8255 then press 1.
Fair Housing and Legal Assistance
Financial Counseling and Homebuyer Education
  • Opens new browser window Community Services of Nevada - First-time homebuyer education, one-on-one homebuyer and post-purchase counseling, free tax preparation through the VITA program, down-payment assistance and foreclosure intervention.
  • Opens new browser window Financial Guidance Center - Financial counseling and coaching, pre-filing bankruptcy counseling and connecting citizens to programs for debt repayment, housing options and asset development.
  • Opens new browser window Navicore Solutions - Providing financial education, community outreach and housing and credit counseling services.
  • Opens new browser window Opportunity Alliance Nevada - Connect with a volunteer financial navigator who can help you set financial priorities and sort through any available resources. One-on-one, virtual support service using knowledgeable volunteers.
Other Statewide Resources
  • Opens new browser window Alliance for Nevada Nonprofits - Training, networking and advocacy to help build the capacity of Nevada’s nonprofit sector, including nonprofits in the housing sector.
  • Opens new browser window Weatherization Assistance Program - Department of Energy - Assisting vulnerable Nevadans by improving the energy efficiency of homes to ensure health and safety. Addressing leaks, insulation, heating and cooling issues, indoor air quality and more.
  • Opens new browser window The Energy Assistance Program - The Energy Assistance Program provides a supplement to assist qualifying low-income Nevadans with the cost of home energy. EAP is not an emergency program. To apply fill out forms on-line or call 775-684-0730.
  • Opens new browser window Access Nevada - Access Nevada is a one stop portal for Nevadans applying for food, cash or medical assistance. Call 800-992-0900.
  • Opens new browser window Taxi Assistance Program - State of Nevada program providing discounted taxi fare to seniors (60+) and persons with disabilities of any age.
Fair Housing
Nevada Division of Housing  | 
Toll-Free: 1.877.428.8844 - Toll-Free Fax: 1.866.265.7811 - TDD/TTY: 7-1-1 [ Opens new browser window Relay Service ]
Copyright © 2024 - MyHousingSearch - All rights reserved
Page Loaded: 04/15/24 14:33 (Pacific Time) - Version 4.0
Fair Housing Logo Universally Accessible
Powered by MyHousingSearch